Build Better Customer Relationships with a Company Blog
While your company website can explain your product or services, a business blog enhances your visibility, approachability, and how your product or service is understood. As mainstream companies like Google, Starbucks, and REI cultivate high quality and updated blogs, dynamic web content becomes the norm and demonstrates that your company is modern and engaged.
Here are a few benefits of having a robust and insightful blog for your business.
- Search engine optimization: Blogs are a foundational component for proper search engine optimization, and they allow businesses to cover nuanced ideas that may not be present elsewhere on their websites. By publishing more blog content on a range of ideas related to your business, you will increase the number of opportunities for customers to discover your brand. For example, someone searching for advice on hiring and HR might find themselves clicking on the American Express’ Open Forum section on this topic and eventually driven back to see what services American Express has to offer businesses.
- Social media and newsletter enhancement: You may already have a social media account or a newsletter. These channels give you a limited amount of space to convey your ideas, but they can entice readers to your blog. Blogs give you the opportunity to go deeper into subjects your customers find interesting and offer nuanced explanations of your business (including links to pages where sales can be made). Blogs can complement your social media and newsletters by enhancing content richness while the latter can drive people to your blog, website, and ultimately, your business. Eat24 is a great example of this relationship.
- Approachability: Blogs allow you to interact in new ways with your customers. With them, you can address frequently-asked questions or explore timely topics. Comment sections (which should be monitored) let your readers give you direct feedback. This exchange of ideas gives customers a positive and personal impression of your company, which will help build better relationships with them over time.
- Fresh perspectives: Blogging allows you and your brand to keep up with current events, giving you a place where you can link to new ideas and industry news. It also demonstrates to potential clients that you are paying attention to the business landscape, rather than getting stuck in internal perspectives. Think with Google offers views across many interrelated subjects, and it offers new tools and trends.
- Nuanced promotions: Blogs also offer a way to show your potential customers different ways to use your products and services. Starbucks’ 1912 Pike has a “How to” section with recipes and guidance on how to use its products. REI’s Co-Op journal inspires hiking and outdoor activities that would lend themselves to the use of REI products.
Blogging allows your brand to build relationships with potential customers across many digital marketing channels, and we believe there is a business case for creating your company blog. MyMobileLyfe, a company founded by professional storytellers, can help you every step of the way, from website development, to content planning and content creation. Reach out to our team of experts and get started today!