How to Hire the Right Marketing Agency
Choosing the wrong marketing agency can be a headache, at the very least. Here’s our road map for finding the best agency for your growing business.
Know What You Want
It is important for you to set internal goals and decide what you want from a digital marketing agency. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What are your top three organizational goals? Will hiring a digital marketing agency help you reach those goals?
- Do you need a particular service, such as SEO or social media advertising?
- What traits are important for you to have in an agency? Some examples are client responsiveness, experience, or honesty.
Do Your Research
This is critical. Ask yourself:
- Does their advertising philosophy align with yours?
- Does their mission statement match your core values?
- Do they have a marketing blog you can refer to?
Be wary of any agency with super-cheap prices or grandiose promises. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Once you have narrowed down your list to the agencies you would seriously consider, explain your vision and ask them to submit a proposal based on your specific needs.
Your final list should include no more than five agencies. Look for candidates that can answer the following questions to your satisfaction:
- How do they monitor and track results?
- What area of online marketing do they specialize in?
- Who would be managing your company’s account?
- What is their current workload, availability, and response time?
- Will they be looking at short or long term goals?
- How do they keep up with the latest trends?
- If a contract is signed, what would be the terms?
Most importantly, do background research and take your time determining your ideal candidate. Can you see your company associated with theirs for years to come?
Remember, your online reputation and success of your business rests on who you select to represent you. Be sure you find the right fit.